Corneal Disorders, Sophisticated Corneal Surgeries including Full Thickness and Partial-Thickness Corneal Transplants (PKP, DSAEK, DALK), Complicated Cataract Surgeries, Anterior Segment Reconstruction, Refractive Laser Surgeries
301 E. Muhammad Ali Boulevard, Louisville KY 40202
Telephone: 502-588-0551 Fax: 502-852-3811
Iran University of Medical sciences, Tehran, Iran
Farabi Eye Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Fellowship in cornea and anterior segment surgery: Farabi Eye Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Fellowship in Cornea and External Disease: Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Louisville
Iranian Board of Ophthalmology
Patrick R O’Connor Faculty Teaching Award 2015
CLINICAL / RESEARCH INTERESTS:
My main clinical attention is medical and surgical treatment of different corneal and anterior segment diseases. I am experienced in differentiating these diseases, and then designing a treatment plan to slow down or stop the disease progress and preserve as much vision as possible.
-I am interested and experienced in treating complicated anterior segment disease including corneal ulcers as well as traumatic distortion of anterior segment
-I am interested and experienced in various types sophisticated anterior segment surgeries including corneal transplants for different kind of corneal disorders, pupilloplasty and anterior segment reconstruction
-I teach medical students, ophthalmology residents, and cornea fellows.
- Piri N, Asghari H, Kaplan HJ. Fuch’s Heterochromic Iridocyclitis in Iran: Is the Disease Going to Fade Away? J Ophthalmic Vis Res 2015; 10 (3): 353-354.
- Hashemi H, Asghari, H, et al. Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty performed by cornea fellows. Cornea. 2012 Sep; 31(9):974-7. PMID: 22677641
- Alipour F, Hashemi H, Piri N, Asghari H. Ocular manifestations of transconjunctival heroin abuse: a case report of an unusual route of substance abuse. Cornea. 2010 Jan; 29(1):110-2. PMID: 19907305
- Riazi-Esfahani M, Asghari H, Piri N. Advanced proliferative diabetic retinopathy in four young patients with flexion contractures (Rosenbloom syndrome). Int Ophthalmol. 2009 Aug; 29(4):261-5. PMID: 18398578
- Siatiri H, Beheshtnezhad AH, Asghari H, et al. Intracameral tissue plasminogen activator to prevent severe fibrinous effusion after congenital cataract surgery. Br J Ophthalmol. 2005 Nov; 89(11):1458-61.PMID: 16234453